The help desk is located in the Learning Commons. Both students and instructors are invited to visit.
You can reach the help desk:
D2L help files are great way to answer questions about various D2L tools. The tools are listed by category.
You can reach the help files here:
Request D2L Course Shells
Faculty, if you want to use D2L, you will need to request a course shell.
You can order a shell here: (Not available off campus)
*NOTE: In order to offer D2L courses to your students, you must demonstrate that you have basic training or experience teaching with D2L. The basic training need not be CNAQ training.
Training is provided for faculty. Online student training coming soon.
Face 2 Face Training
Generally, D2L Face 2 Face training is offered at the beginning of each semester. Basic face 2 face training takes approximately six hours. Please speak with your dean about registering or contact Zeinab Karamizadeh, D2L Administrator at email@example.com
There are two complete online training courses available.
- Online Basic Training for D2L
- The online traiing course is designed to give instructors a skill set to get you started. Once completed, you will be prepared to offer any of your courses to your students using D2L.
You can self-register for this course in D2L. Once you log in, you will see a Self-Registration link at the top of the D2L page. Register Here.
- Facilitating Blended Learning using D2L
- Contact Cheri Macleod: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The blended learning course, created by CNAQ's Teaching and Learning Center, will help you become pedagogically sound while using an LMS (D2L).
Faculty and student video tutorials are often the quickest way to learn particular D2L skills. We have a growing library of CNAQ produced help videos.
eBooks are quickly becoming an integral part of D2L.
For help in integrating your eBook with D2L, contact the help desk or one of our instructional developers. You can find their contact information here: Contacts
You can find more information about eBooks and D2L integration here:
Begin and End Semester Checklists
Some quick D2L checks for beginning and end of semesters.
Using Instructor Templates
We have templates for many of the pages you use in your course.
- Course Outlie (Syllabus)
- Content Page