Instructional Skills Workshops
Technology Enhanced ISW 2.0.
“The tools I was exposed to in ISW 2.0 were awe-inspiring but for me the greatest take away from the workshop was the emphasis on incorporating these tools seamlessly into a lesson to add value to the learning environment.” Mary Renton –Business Instructor
“I truly enjoyed working with instructors from other faculties and designing technology enhanced lessons while learning their approaches to working with our students. This opportunity for sharing of ideas is invaluable.” Paul – Business Instructor
If you have already completed the regular ISW we invite you to register for this 4-day instructor workshop.
- plan and deliver lessons using a choice of a Web 2.0 tool, app, Interactive whiteboards or D2L (if already trained)
- investigate online tools and apps that support face to face teaching in your content area
- focus on learner-centered teaching strategies
- experience 12 lessons using a tool, app, whiteboard, or D2L feature that may be new to you
- give and receive feedback
- learn and teach with colleagues in an interactive and supportive environment
The dates for the 4-day sessions are announced by email from the TLC throughout the year.
- Your Dean’s approval is required.
- Once your place has been confirmed and you start the workshop, your full participation for the 4 days is mandatory.
- A lunch time meeting to start your preparation is required.
- for more information: Please email Cindy Welsh at email@example.com